Thank you for your interest in the Peak Vista Advanced Practice Nurse Fellowship.
The Fellowship is philosophically oriented around Benner’s Novice to Expert Model and the definition of the Nurse practitioner as an expert RN clinician with a strong general nursing background who has received advanced education and training.
- 5 Positions are available each year
- Application opens December 1st
- Deadline for submitting completed application and all required criterion is February 28th
- Interviews are scheduled following the February 28th closing date
- Candidates will receive an automated e-mail after submission of application
- Applicants are notified of admission decision by the end of April
- Orientation starts around Labor Day
Applicants will be expected to submit documentation requirements for consideration into the Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) Primary Care Fellowship.
The following items are required to complete the application process for the Peak Vista Community Health Centers Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) Primary Care Fellowship Program. All exceptions are at the discretion of the Program Director.
- Completed PVCHC APRN Primary Care Fellowship Application
- Must be graduates (by orientation date -- with less than 1,000 hours of supervised prescriptive practice, as defined by Colorado DORA) or transitioning FNPs who demonstrate an intent to practice as a primary care providers
- Must have at least 2 years of RN work experience
- Certification in Primary Care specialty
- Eligible for Active & Unrestricted Colorado RN & NP license
- Must be complete by start of program.
- Three (3) letters of recommendation
- Transitioning Nurse Practitioners will be considered on an individual basis
- Ability to commit to 13-month, full-time program
- Submit an essay answering the following:
- What are your professional values as a nurse practitioner?
- What makes you an ideal candidate for the Fellowship?
- What are your expectations and goals for the Fellowship?
- What would your coworkers say are your strongest and weakest personality characteristics?
- Successful completion of pre-employment screen; which includes, but is not limited to a Criminal Background check
- Other requirements as determined by Peak Vista Community Health Centers
The PVCHC APRN Primary Care Fellowship application and all required documentation will be submitted electronically to the following address:
Deadline for complete application submission, including all required application criterion, is February 28.