Thank you for your interest in the Peak Vista APRN Fellowship, PMHNP Track.
The Fellowship is philosophically oriented around Benner’s Novice to Expert Model and the definition of the Nurse practitioner as an expert RN clinician with a strong general nursing background who has received advanced education and training.
- 5 Positions are available each year
- Application opened November 1
- Deadline for submitting completed application and all required criterion is March 16.
- Interviews are scheduled following the March 16 closing date
- Candidates will receive an automated e-mail after submission of application
- Applicants are notified of admission decision spring time following April interviews
Applicants will be expected to submit documentation requirements for consideration into the APRN Fellowship, PMHNP Track.
The following items are required to complete the application process for the Peak Vista Community Health Centers APRN Fellowship Program, PMHNP Track. All exceptions are at the discretion of the Program Director.
- Completed PVCHC APRN Fellowship Program, PMHNP Track Application
- Must be graduates (by orientation date -- with less than 750 hours of supervised prescriptive practice within the PMHNP Specialty, as defined by Colorado DORA) or transitioning PMHNPs who demonstrate an intent to practicein a safety net practice setting
- Must have at least 2 years of RN work experience
- Certification in PMHNP specialty
- Eligible for Active & Unrestricted Colorado RN & NP license
- Must be complete by start of program.
- Three (3) letters of recommendation
- One of which must be from a clinical preceptor
- Transitioning Nurse Practitioners will be considered on an individual basis
- Ability to commit to 12-month, full-time program
- Submit an essay answering the following (no word limitation):
- What are your professional values as a nurse practitioner?
- What makes you an ideal candidate for the Fellowship?
- What are your expectations and goals for the Fellowship?
- What would your coworkers say are your strongest and weakest personality characteristics?
- Successful completion of pre-employment screen; which includes, but is not limited to a Criminal Background check
- Other requirements as determined by Peak Vista Community Health Centers
The PVCHC APRN Fellowship, PMHNP application and all required documentation will be submitted electronically to the following address:
Deadline for complete application submission, including all required application criterion, is February 16.